An A Frame Cabin Design Project
Creating a new rural retreat offering for North Yorkshire.
Designed by Life Space Cabins and handcrafted on site by the clients own construction team in Yorkshire, this A-Frame cabin design was a design brief that required a simple pared back aesthetic that would allow expansive glass to frame the uninterrupted views of the North Yorkshire countryside.
The result was two unique spaces perfectly situated in their own wildflower meadow.
Outside they have included a built-in deck, complete with sunken bath and fire pit giving guests an unrivalled feeling of being in nature.
Cabin Design Brief
- Create one design suitable for 4 units for ‘glamping’ accommodation.
- Maximise on the far reaching views.
- Comfortable space for two people to share.
- Include space for one king size bed.
- Consider the relationship between the cabin and the existing buildings and future wedding/ event hire.
- The cabins should be based on the A frame design, with ideally a bed on a mezzanine, a small kitchen with breakfast bar, open plan living area with log burner and a shower room.
- Black exterior cladding – ref timber cladding.
Stay at West Cawthorne https://www.northyorkshirehideaways.com/
Photos by Yorkshire Property Photography David Critchley