Creating a new rural retreat on the Flete Estate in South Devon
The result was two unique spaces perfectly situated above the Erme estuary on the Flete Estate in South Devon.
Outside they have included a built-in deck, complete with wood fired bath and fire pit giving guests a perfect connection with nature.
Cabin Design Brief
- Customisation of one Dart and one Tamar cabin to be used as luxury holiday let units for ‘glamping’ accommodation.
- Year round accommodation.
- Prefabricated and brought to site in one day.
- Can be classed as a ‘Caravan’
- Maximise on the far reaching views of Dartmoor and the Erme estuary through large picture windows
- Comfortable space for up to 4 people in each cabin.
- Include a bothy style bed, mezzanine sleep deck, small shower room, kitchen, bespoke handcrafted joinery using UK sourced ash timber.
- Hotel in the counytryside luxuries inside the cabin
- Guest experience at the forefront of the offering
- Outside we’ve included elements to ensure the rental offers a point of difference. Bath tub and hammocks.
- Consideration between the relationship between the two cabins in the field.
Stay at Rusty Sheds
photo credit: Beth Squire Photography